Reflecting on a great year for the firm and bringing positive momentum into 2024.
2023 was a strong year for the Ascend team and our continued growth as a firm. We are proud to reflect on the achievements and milestones that have defined our success as we navigated complex transaction scenarios and ongoing market shifts on behalf of our clients. Our 2023 recap highlights our team and firm accomplishments, noteworthy transactions, and industry insights — all backed by our steadfast dedication to thinking outside the transaction to the people behind it while driving value through a data-driven approach.
- TRANSACTION ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR EIGHT CLIENTS: Clients included Aercon, Direct Athletics, Fidelity, Intelligenz, Interware Development, Mainline Information Systems, MCCi, and Mission1st.
- THREE NEW TEAM MEMBERS: Trevor Lunsford joined the team as Vice President, Alexander Nye as Senior Associate, and Peter Frohlich as Associate.
- SIX INDUSTRY AWARDS: Including M&A Advisor’s Information Technology Deal of the Year ($10-$50M), The M&A Atlas Awards U.S.A. Corporate M&A Deal of the Year, The M&A Atlas Awards U.S.A. GovTech & Services Deal of the Year, Inc. Power Partners Financial Services – General Award, Inc. Power Partners Financial Services – Banking Award, and Inc. Power Partners Regional Excellence – United States Award.
- PUBLISHED IN MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS: The publication featured Ascend Managing Partner Eric Parekh’s piece “8 Ways to Win a Deal By Creating Relational Equity.”
- CELEBRATED A FIRM MILESTONE: We celebrated five years as a firm in 2023! Thank you to all of the clients whose partnerships have enabled our growth.
We look forward to continuing to support and grow with our clients and partners in the year ahead!