HC Nye met our team when we approached them about a different opportunity with another client. While market dynamics prevented that opportunity from coming to fruition, HC Nye said they enjoyed their interactions with Ascend, were still interested in selling, and asked if we would represent them on the sell side. Founder Harry Nye was laser-focused not only on monetizing the business for his family, but also on continuity and transition as his son Buck Nye would be continuing the company’s legacy as a Partner at HC Hye. We shepherded the Nye family through the entire lifecycle of the transaction:
- Organizing and preparing the company for a limited process sale, including a bottom-up financial consolidation model, detailed unit-level analysis, and KPI deep dive analysis along with positioning materials
- Facilitating communications with a limited buyer group
- Creating a competitive environment between limited buyers to maximize price and terms
- Negotiating letters of intent and terms
- Managing the due diligence process
- Liaising with the buyer’s advisors to close the transaction
- Business Services
- Sell-Side Transactions
Press Release(s)READ HC NYE PRESS RELEASE
Because HC Nye is a manufacturer’s representative selling in specific territories, the market dictated the process limiting the universe of buyers. With Harry’s objectives and limited process synergies in mind, we prepared materials and completed a thorough analysis with a goal of fostering a hyper-competitive environment between what ultimately became two buyers.
As we moved into due diligence and negotiations with Gil-bar, we took a highly strategic, data-driven approach to arm HC Nye with the information they needed to validate both historical performance and projected trends, and justify our position on key points. Data gathering and analysis were key in shaping negotiations. The leverage it provided was crucial to the deal’s ultimate success as we negotiated at the operating company and financial sponsor levels, managing the complexities surrounding various motivating factors.
The Ascend team impressed me early on with their eagerness to negotiate the deal terms most important to us and create transparency through a data-driven approach. My appreciation only grew as they navigated us through the complexities of the transaction, ensuring we were well-represented throughout the process.
- Partner at HC Nye